The best stories of the year at JaxDailyRecord.com | Jax Daily Record | Jacksonville Daily Record
From new restaurants to plans for a new downtown park, here are the biggest stories of 2021 based on internet traffic at JaxDailyRecord.com.
10. Sugar Factory publishes renderings and plans to open in Spring 2022. Sugar Factory American Brasserie on plans to open to downtown markets.
Posted on November 1.
9. Stein Mart Shopper opens New York City clothing company’s only pop-up store in Town Center. BCI Brands, which includes womenswear lines including Vince Camuto and Chaus, has moved into the former Versona store space in The Markets at Town Center.
Posted July 2.
8. Jacksonville Historical Society identifies 22 endangered structures. The 2021 Group List of Threatened Historic Properties.
Posted June 15.
7. The owner of the St. Augustine shopping center wants to shut it down and redevelop the site. Plans to transform the 31 acre property into a mixed-use development.
Posted June 10.
6. RiversEdge a new vision for downtown Southbank. Previously called The District, Preston Hollow Capital’s update on its downtown Southbank development.
Posted May 25.
5. 1329, boulevard Ponte Vedra. is “one of a kind”. Sanjay and Melody Lal bought the house for $ 9.8 million. Sanjay Lal was hired as the Jaguars wide receivers coach in February.
Posted March 15.
4. Riverfront Plaza Design Contest: Perkins & Will, One Park Jax. The project which included a large statue of Jax would later win the competition for the park at the former site of Jacksonville Landing Downtown. The other two park proposals and their associated photo galleries also generated high traffic.
Posted June 24.
3. Adventure Landing closes Westside Park on June 27th. The property will be used by Amazon, which intends to use it for a new delivery station.
Posted June 22.
2. Buc-ee’s opens in St. Johns County. Hundreds of people flocked to the opening of the 53,000 square foot convenience store or to the gas pump at one of its 104 gas stations.
Posted on February 22.
1. Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer buys the Jacksonville house. The since-licensed coach bought Glen Kernan Golf & Country Club in South Jacksonville on the same street as his former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.
Posted April 28.
Be the first to hear about the latest news and information business leaders rely on in this fast-paced Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key events you can’t miss and much more.