Raw sewage floods Lubbock’s house, what if it happens to you | KLBK | KAMC

0

LUBBOCK, TX – After raw sewage displaced a Lubbock family last week, a local plumbing company on Monday explained the possible causes and what to do if it happens to you.

Derrick Raybon was unsure of what to do when he noticed his tub was filling with sewage, overflowing onto his floor in East Lubbock. It came from under the toilet and was bubbling from the sink drain.

A “disaster,” Raybon called the property his family rented.

At first, Raybon wondered if any of his neighbors had experienced what his family had been through.

“I was going to try to ask my neighbor if he lives [the effects of] this shoe, ”reflected Raybon.

The town of Lubbock came to inspect the source of the problem – finding that the sewer line behind his house was clogged. City workers quickly removed the clog. KLBK News was still waiting on Monday for more details on what the city found.

Yet the damage was already done.

Lowery Plumbing chief operating officer Mark Branscome said cases like Raybon’s happen more often than you might think.

The company noted that the location of the blockage is the reason Raybon’s family was most affected by the mess and why their neighbors didn’t see it.

Fortunately, Raybon was home when he noticed something wrong in his bathroom.

“If he hadn’t been home for a few days he would have gone everywhere,” Branscome said.

Branscome told KLBK News that the only place the sewage could go was up and out of Raybon’s house because the blockage had occurred just beyond the pipe that connected his sewer line to the main. city ​​sewer.

According to Lowery Plumbing, blockages can be caused by a number of things, including: debris buildup, tree root invasions, and lumps of grease that have been poured down the drain.

The company cannot say for sure what caused this blockage, but nonetheless, the result remains the same. The house is unlivable.

Branscome stressed the importance of calling a licensed plumber if you have a plumbing problem.

“It might be cheaper to do it yourself, but it’s also more dangerous,” Branscome said. He added, “That’s why we have licenses. That’s why we have codes to follow, laws and ordinances that we follow.

All the guarantees designed to protect public health, he included.

If sewage is entering your home, Lowery Plumbing said, call the city immediately.

Raybon’s family set up a GoFundMe page to cover travel and personal expenses she paid for the incident, which Lowery Plumbing says can cost up to thousands of dollars to repair and disinfect. .


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.